PetnSave – Best Pet Insurance Reviews
You know that if your pet suffers an accident, the damage and the cost of not being able to help can be costly. But you also know that pet insurance cost is something that needs lots of consideration before actually putting a protection policy in place. What do you do? Most people rush to their nearest source, and get any old policy (usually to save money), but this approach will cost you dearly. What is needed is a measured approach to picking the right pet insurance and at the right cost.
You see, choosing the right pet insurance plan can be tricky. A quick online search reveals that there are hundreds of options out there. Sorting through them all can be time-consuming and overwhelming. Fortunately at PetnSave, a lot of that legwork has already been done for you. The following pet insurance reviews highlight three of today’s best companies. Pertinent facts about each plan and provider are included in each review. By reading through these reviews, you’ll have a much easier time selecting the plan that’s right for you and your pet:
Here are several reasons that make them our #1 recommendation:
- Superior customer service, with an A+ Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating.
- Member of NAPHIA, an organization committed to following the highest pet health industry standards.
- Fully customizable plans to fit any budget. By choosing from different limits, deductibles, co-pays, and options, you can easily find a premium that you can afford. So whether you need to minimize your out-of-pocket costs or simply looking for catastrophic insurance, Embrace has a plan for you.
- While many pet insurance companies do not cover genetic conditions, Embrace does.
- Your premiums don’t get raised if you make a claim. (Note: They do have age-related premium increases, though it is typically less than most other companies).
- Embrace offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and has excellent reviews on Yelp, BBB and AM Best.
- Their free, no-obligation quote take just a few minutes to complete.
Unlike most pet insurance companies, TruPanion offers ONE comprehensive plan that covers surgeries, prescription medications, diagnostic tests, hospital stays and treatments if your pet gets sick or injured. While not customizable in terms of budget, having just one plan makes it simple and easy to understand.
With Trupanion, your pet receives unlimited lifetime pet insurance coverage with no payout limit. They are also the only provider to give you the option of selecting a $0 deductible.
Like our other two top pet insurance reviews, Pets Best offers pet insurance plans that cover services that are rendered by any veterinarian. Compared to Trupanion which has no payout limit, Pets Best does have a per incident limit of $2,500 or $7,000, depending on plan choice. Congenital conditions, prescription diets and supplements are not covered. Also, there is no mention of a money-back guarantee on their website.
However, available discounts include multiple pet discounts and discounts for paying for a full year up front. Reimbursements are made by direct deposit, so you receive them exceptionally fast. All services are reimbursed at a straight 80% once the deductible has been met.
Reviews by Katherine Sullivan.